NOMEX ® Fabrics
TECHNOFABRIC: PRODUCTION OF FIRE PROOF AND FLAME RETARDANT NOMEX FABRICS
Nomex® was the first-ever Meta-Aramid fibre, developed by the DuPont company in the 1960s. A revolutionary fibre, Nomex® has made it possible to overcome obstacles and challenges that were previously considered impossible.
Nomex® is non-flammable and has a medium degree of toughness. Its thermal performance, being much greater than its imitations, renders it one of the most commonly used materials in the construction of flame-retardant clothing. In accordance with customer specifications,
Technofabric produces a broad range of raw or dyed fabrics in Meta-Aramid fibre (Nomex ® or equivalent) for a high-quality product designed to guarantee safety and reliability in various dangerous conditions.
Nomex fabrics is available in different forms, such as woven, knitted, felted, or paper-like sheets. Nomex fabric has many advantages, such as:
- It does not melt, drip, or burn when exposed to flame.
- It has a high thermal stability and can withstand temperatures up to 370°C.
- It has a low flammability and does not ignite easily.
- It has a good mechanical strength and abrasion resistance.
- It has a high chemical resistance and does not degrade by most acids, alkalis, and solvents.
- It has a low shrinkage and does not lose its shape or size when heated.
- It has a good electrical insulation and does not conduct electricity.
Nomex fabric is also breathable, comfortable, and lightweight2. However, Nomex fabric also has some limitations, such as:
- It is more expensive than other fabrics.
- It has a low resistance to UV light and can fade or degrade over time.
- It has a low dyeability and can only be dyed with special dyes.
- It has a low elasticity and can be stiff or rigid.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION
NOMEX® - APPLICATIONS
Thanks to the characteristics of flame resistant and heat, Nomex fabrics can be utilised in the field of personal safety and protection, in racing or for industrial use.
In detail, the main applications of Nomex® meta-aramid fibres are:
- Racing suits
- Protective suits for firefighters, military and law enforcement agencies
- Protective suits for work environments characterised by intense heat and flames
- Protective gloves for work environments characterised by intense heat and flames
- Protective footwear for work environments characterised by intense heat and flames
- Helmets and helmets for work environments characterised by intense heat and flames
- Electric arc protection clothing
- Electric arc protection gloves
- Electric arc protection footwear
- Hi-Fi speakers
- Filters for treating gas emissions at high temperatures
- Conveyor belts for environments characterised by high temperatures, such as blast furnaces, cement plants, and so on
- Reinforced rubber membranes for the hydraulic and automotive industries
- Rubber hoses
- Heating blankets for industrial use
- Tyrewarmers for use in racing
- Digital printing
Technofabric satisfies all types of need and is constantly evolving. Thanks to intense research and development operations, as well as a production entirely carried out in-house,
the company offers fully-customisable products. The continuous updating, the rigour of controls and the timeliness of delivery render Technofabric the ideal solution for those seeking
Nomex fibres for the most diverse applications.
Contact us to find out more about our corporate processes and for quotes on Aramid fabrics. Our team is at your disposal to answer any concerns and guide you in the best choice for your production.
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION